This gluten free vegan mug brownie is sugar-free AND only has SEVEN ingredients! It requires NO eggs, NO baking powder, and it takes less than 5 minutes to make. And because it has Flax seed in it, it’s got healthy fiber too!
This mug brownie is moist, dense, fudge-y, and OH so good! I seriously eat this almost every day.
Ingredients you’ll need to make my gluten free vegan mug brownie:
- 1 microwave-safe mug
- 1/2 of a Flax egg (1/2 tbsp ground flax seed + 1/2 tbsp water)
- 3 tbsp super fine blanched almond flour (NOT almond meal). This brand is my favorite almond flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp Monkfruit sweetener (or sugar or other sugar alternative)
- 1/4 tsp pure Vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 1/8 tsp or a pinch of sea salt
- 1 tbsp of peanut butter
- 1 tsp of instant coffee
- 1 chocolate truffle to press into the center for a gooey, chocolate volcano-like mug brownie
- 2 tbsp of chocolate chips (Lily’s is my fave!)
- Pour almond milk into the mug after it’s done cooking, and eat it with a spoon. I LOVE the mix of hot and cold that this makes!
- Add a scoop of ice cream onto the mug brownie after it’s done cooking. YUM!
Instructions for Making This Gluten Free Vegan Mug Brownie (Takes 3 minutes!)
Step 1: Grab a mug, any size will do. The brownie will not come to the top of the mug like in the photos. It’s a much smaller brownie portion size. 🙂
Step 2: Add 1/2 tbsp of ground flax seed into the mug. Then, boil water and add 1/2 tbsp of hot water to the mug. Mix it lightly and let it sit for 1 minute.
Step 3: Add the rest of the ingredients to the mug: 3 tbsp of almond flour, 2 tbsp cocoa powder, 3 tbsp Monkfruit sweetener (or sugar or other sweetener alternative), 1/4 tsp Vanilla extract, 2 tbsp almond milk, and a pinch of sea salt. You can also add any of the optional add-ons mentioned above (like peanut butter).
Mix it well. The consistency should be thick, but thin enough to be poured if needed. If the mixture is still too dry or so thick that it can’t be poured, add a little bit of water. You really can’t mess this up, so don’t worry!
Step 4: Put mug into microwave and microwave it for 1 to 2.5 minutes. The microwave time will depend on your microwave. So do just ONE minute at first, look at the mug brownie and probing it with a fork, and then add ONE more minute, and check again. If it’s still too goopy, add 30 seconds. It shouldn’t take more than 2.5 minutes. With my microwave, the right consistency is reached after 2 minutes and 30 seconds. A little bit of moisture/goopiness is okay. Remember, you’re going to let it cool off for 5 minutes, and the brownie will set more during that time.
The consistency should be pretty set, but still moist. You do NOT want it totally dry. At the same time, if it is still very wet, then you need to keep microwaving it.
Because this mug brownie has no egg, you don’t need to worry about if it’s “cooked all the way” or not.
Step 5: Let the mug brownie cool for AT LEAST 5 minutes. It will be very hot and very tempting to eat, so please wait!