This keto chocolate chip mug cake is gluten-free, sugar-free, and of course, low carb! It’s easy to make and takes less than 3 minutes. The texture is fluffy, moist, and cakey.
Ingredients for this keto chocolate chip mug cake
- 1 tbsp salted butter (or you can substitute with 1 tbsp coconut oil)
- 1 egg yolk (It’s important that you put the egg YOLK only, not the whole egg. If you put the entire egg, the mug cake will taste extremely eggy.)
- 3 tbsp almond flour super fine and sifted
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp Monkfruit sweetener or other sugar alternative
- A pinch of sea salt
- 1/8 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp stevia-sweetened keto chocolate chips
How to make this keto chocolate chip mug cake
- Place 1 tbsp of melted salted butter into mug. To melt it, simply microwave it for about 15 seconds.
- Crack 1 egg and place only the EGG YOLK into the mug. Add sugar alternative (I used Lakanto Monkfruit) and whisk it in. Whisk egg completely.
- Add vanilla extract, almond flour, and baking powder. Whisk until completely incorporated.
- Now mix in chocolate chips.
- Place mug into microwave and microwave it for 60 seconds.
When you take it out, you may notice that the chocolate chips sank to the bottom. Feel free to sprinkle more on top!
You’ll know the keto chocolate chip mug cake is done when it is set and not goopy. Let it cool for 60 seconds before enjoying. It should be light and fluffy and oh so good!
If you enjoyed this recipe, check out my gluten-free, sugar-free mug brownie recipe!